We are a Patient-Centered Medical Home Office or PCMH
Alma Family Practice has earned the designation of Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) from Blue Cross/Blue Shield every year since the inaugural class of 2009. As a PCMH, our practice provides evidence-based medical care and we strive to track care delivered at specialty offices.
We advocate a partnership between our physician-led health care team and you, an informed patient. This partnership ideally incorporates the following arrangement of provider and patient roles.
A PCMH is a partnership
As medical providers, we will:
- Provide you with a care team who will know you and your family
- Respect you as an individual- we will not make judgments based on race, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, etc.
- Respect your privacy- your medical information will not be shared with anyone unless you give us permission or it is required by law
- Provide care given by a team of people led by your physician
- Give the care you need when you need it to the best of our abilities
- Give care that meets your needs and fits with your goals and values
- Give care that is based in quality and safety
- Have a doctor on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- Treat acute illnesses and long term diseases
- Improve your care we are using technology like our Electronic Health Record
- Provide you with proper information and educational materials to make informed decisions about your health
- Strive to continuously improve our services
As a patient, we ask that you:
- Provide us with a detailed history of symptoms and medical history
- Tell us about your needs and concerns
- Take part in planning your care
- Follow the care plan that is agreed upon- or let us know why you cannot so that we can try to help, continue or change the plan
- Bring all your medications, including those prescribed by other health care providers, and ask for refills when needed
- Let us know when you see other doctors and what medications they change or start
- Ask other doctors to send us a report about your care when you see them
- Seek our advice before you see other healthcare providers- we may be able to treat your condition and direct you to the appropriate specialists
- Learn about wellness and how to prevent disease
- Keep your appointments as scheduled, or call and let us know when you cannot
- Pay your share of the visit fee when you are seen in the office
- Give us feedback so we can improve our services
For more information about PCMH click here.
Alma Family Practice was selected as 1 of only 400 primary care offices in Michigan to take part in a 3-year demonstration project that could change health care as we know it. The MiPCT Program, or Michigan Primary Care Transformation Project, focuses on the use of Care Managers and other support staff to help bridge the gap between the doctors’ offices, hospitals, and community services.
The idea behind the project is to create a budget neutral system of care that will decrease the spending of healthcare and improve the quality of care. Because this is a demonstration project, these services are only offered to a select number of patients whose insurances are participating in the project. If the project is a success, it is likely that many other insurances will cover these services and we will be able to offer this to many more of our patients.
For more information about the MiPCT project, click here
Alma is located in the heart of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula with less than an hour’s drive to cities such as Lansing, Saginaw, Midland, Mt. Pleasant, and Bay City. Our practice is located less than a half mile from MidMichigan Medical Center- Gratiot.