Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
Alma Family Practice is dedicated to strengthening collaborations between patients, family members, and their healthcare team to ensure the highest standard of care. The PFAC team is one way to achieve that goal.
PFAC is a way to involve patients and families in decision making processes within their healthcare setting. This council helps design, implement and evaluate changes in policies, programs and practices that impact the care and services that individuals and families receive here at Alma Family Practice.
Members of the council will meet one time per quarter, four times a year. These meetings last only 1-2 hours and they take place beginning at 5:30pm when scheduled. It is required that a member be an active patient of Alma Family Practice or have a family member that is an active patient. They will serve on the council for one year.
Some of the duties of a PFAC member are:
- Generate new program ideas to benefit patients, family members and caregivers.
- Provide advice, input, feedback and ideas to the healthcare team on various topics.
- Enhance ongoing collaboration and cooperation among clinicians, patients and families.
- Participate in organizational development, planning and patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Help establish patient and family care priorities.
- Share and educate others regarding the initiatives and programs that Alma family Practice participates in.
If you are interested in serving as a PFAC member please contact our office manager for more details, (989) 463-2181 ext. 2151.